Monday, January 21, 2008

Is it really fair? *Rant Alert*

We spend our entire lives watching some of the most beautiful relationships unfold in front of us both on the big screen and on the little one propped up on two wonky chairs in our house. My DVDs are barely without this - Lizzy Bennett and Mr Darcy, Bridget and Mark Darcy, Monica and Chandler, Tim Bisley and Daisy Steiner, Steve and Susan, Caroline Todd and Dr Mac, Nicholas Angel and Danny Butterman, Harriet Schulenberg and lovely, shiny Lyndon, Rob Lake and Donna Rix, Richard Hammond and Oliver.

But we spend our lives (well I spend mine like this anyway!) flitting from useless idiots who either want to bury you they are so committed or actually they are worse behaved than my 3 month old nephew and couldn't care less! So, I suggest when God (or whatever other fictional force is stood by the oven creating us) is updating his designs on man, he needs to include all of the elements of our fantasy fictional men. If a bunch of screenwriters can perfect this equation then surely he can too?!

On this point, I want to make it very clear that I'm not a loser who watches too many DVDs; they are merely research for my own writing career. Yeah. OK, so maybe I need a few revisions before I can make up the other half, but seriously! When I was really little, I believed that Neighbours was real; I was very deluded on many points. (I also thought sheep had two long legs and two short legs on account of the hilly nature of their fields.)
But imagine for a moment that Neighbours is real, sheep are wonky etc, and that we are in programmes that are shown in Oz. What a let down! We are nowhere near as good as our fictional counterparts. Ever.

1 comment:

Tink said...

Hi Bri!
Nice to meet you on your blog! I added it to my GoogleReader and blogroll.
Love, Tink